We are looking for an Data Platform Engineer .
As a Data Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for advising the architecture of both the Azure Data platform itself and the applications part of Data Management portfolio and relying on our Azure architecture. Data Platform Solutions Architect will be part of global IDS (Information and Digital Services) Organization. He will report to Data Services Manager, work in a global approach with Data analysts of all customer disciplines and follow Architecture guidelines as defined by Enterprise Architecture team
The Data Platform Engineer will also be responsible for the whole scope of the Data management team including data preparation, data transformation and BI reporting requiring a strong coordination between the different teams.
Data Project Manager will be the focal point and manage all Data management scope of the project that includes:
1. Project Management: Coordinates the below work streams including internal coordination with the corresponding teams and with the Global Project Management team.
2. Data preparation: Translate Business requirements and transform the data into a strong and fit data model into the Azure Data warehouse
3. Data mapping: edit data mapping and data integration specifications and deliver full document set supporting BI Build and Operations
4. BI reporting : create a common dataset on the top of the Data Platform and build customized Power BI reports based on business requirements into Power BI service
The main responsibilities within this project will be:
• Managing the BI stream of the Project
o Working closely with Business team to capture their requirements in a record time
o Coordinating all delivery resources involved
o Releasing on time the deliverables with associated technical & functional documentation
o Following-up the planning and ensuring milestones are respected
o Identifying, mitigating and escalating the risks
And more broadly:
• Collaborating on multi-functional teams to design solutions, using the Data Platform capabilities.
• Working with the Enterprise Architecture team to drive and support discussions on architecture in order to ensure cohesion with overall technology direction
• Advising customers on platform standard methodologies
• Managing Cost of the data platform and build solutions which insure cost effectiveness.
• Educating customers on the design, implementation, and responsibilities of the platform. Defining self service capabilities without compromising cost management and or solution robustness
• Working with the Data Platform development team to design new capabilities to meet the requirements of customers while staying true to platform principles
• Understanding business impact and technical complexity associated with customer needs to inform platform design and roadmap planning
• Gathering insight into the day-to-day challenges of users running on the platform and providing a focus on the customer experience
• Ensure and put in place best practices and recommendations from solution vendor
• Build a reliable data infrastructure, underpinning enterprise-scale BI analytics and reporting platforms.
• Ensure that industry-leading best practices are being followed amongst all projects.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to data platform developers and analysts. Manage/Build Data pipelines and automation.
• Help design and maintain user data security, integrity and stability.
• Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state
• Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities
• Work with IT teams, business analysts and data analytics teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions
• Ensuring documentation availability to guarantee model maintenance and sustainability
o Minimum 3 years’ Experience in Microsoft Azure (Azure Administrator, Data Platform, Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse, API Management and other data cloud architecture)
o Minimum 5 years’ Experience in Microsoft Power BI
o Development environments: Git, Azure DevOps, Template ARM
o Strong analytical problem solver with an organized approach
o Project Management experience
o Solid oral and written communication skills in English
o Excellent methodology (communication, documentation, collaborative approach)
o Act independently and as a top-level contributor in resolving project strategy, scope, and direction
o Excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to get results
o Data mindset